John Hughes (voormalig direkteur UMCA, fietstrainer en coach) heeft samen met co-auteur Dan Kehlenbach een boek geschreven over het lange afstand fietsen.
Dit boek is te koop bij Bol.com en is vrij recent uitgebracht.
Voor meer informatie klik op de website of onder lees meer.Before you ride, read this book!
"I wish Distance Cycling had been available 35 years ago when I struggled to find intelligent information about how to ride farther and faster. This book is a must read for any rider who wants to improve overall long-distance cycling performance"—Lon Haldeman
Distance Cycling will teach you how to:
· choose and plan the right events for you;
· train for 100-mile (200-km) events using 8- and 15-week programs
· train for double centuries, longer brevets and tours;
· eat and drink to fuel your training;
· select your bike, clothing and equipment;
· ride safely in different conditions; and
· prepare for the psychological challenges.
Distance Cycling includes riding tips from 10 distinguished endurance cyclists:
· Lon Haldeman – Goal setting
· John Lee Ellis – Have a plan
· Muffy Ritz – Cross-training
· Jenny Hegmann – Eating at the mini-mart
· Staying with the program — Julie Gazmararian
· What to do when it hurts or isn't fun — Paul Carpenter
· Explore the variety of things you can do on your bike — Pete Penseyres
· Balancing family, work and riding — Dan McGehee
· Enjoying brevets and randonnées — Ken Bonner
· Dealing with fatigue — Michelle Grainger
John Hughes has been a professional coach and author for 15 years including 12 years as Managing Director of the UMCA and editor of UltraCycling. Hughes. Hughes has set course records at the Furnace Creek 508 and Boston-Montreal-Boston, finished seven 1200K randonnées and the Race Across AMerica.
Dan Kehlenbach has been coaching cyclists and other endurance athletes for 15 years. He has his master's degree in Sports Science and is certified by USA Cycling and by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Kehlenbach served as a contributing editor to UltraCycling.